High Wattage Bulbs

AFAIK hi watt bulbs do not last long within the confines of a fog lamp. I
think there is too much heat build up for the filaments. I tried 70w. and
they only lasted approx. 6mo. I would suggest you try to get Phillips vision
plus 55w. I picked up some in Ger. last fall. They give more light with a
much whiter color than std. halogens. They cost $15 US. there. If you can
source any Hella HIP 70w. They are really great,nice and white. They have
been in my headlights for a year. They just don't hold up in the fogs. The
Phillips VP are not redily avail. yet here in the US. and the HIP are
discontinued but might be found and may have been superceded by a new model.
Not optilux.
Norman Lieberman '97 528/5