Re: Sway Bars and Steering Issues

Joe,

Don't buy the M3 swaybars for your car.  The front swaybar on the M3 uses
different end links that mount to brackets on the struts.  For your non-M
3-series, the swaybar endlinks mount to the control arms.

Because of the different mounting points, the non-M 3-series actually uses a
thicker front swaybar.  Even aftermarket bars are larger for the non-M
3-series.

I can't really offer anything regarding your steering issue.  Check fluid
level, perhaps get the power steering system flushed out, and look for
leaking lines or a leaking steering rack.

Ron Buchalski
BMWCCA #76387
1995 E36 M3
1993 E34 525iT