Re:Driver's door lock stiff (87 e30)

>Driver's door lock stiff (87 e30)

I had/have the same problem with my 87 325.   Replacing the lock cylinder
definitely helped a lot, and keeping it properly lubricated is
important.  It was never quite right, however, even after replacing all the
other parts in the door lock mechanism.

Given that I lock and unlock the door quite frequently, and was always
concerned about wear and breaking the key, I installed a aftermarket ($100
from crutchfield.com) alarm with a remote unlocker.   It locks and unlocks
all the doors at a push of a button - quite a convenience.  I didn't bother
figuring out how to get the central deadbolt locking working...didn't seem
worth it.

Only thing left to do in this department is to rekey my motorcycle (BMW of
course) to use the same key as the car - the keyways are the same, and
having one key to do all would be sweet.  But there's always more important
things to do.....

Tony.