Re: Driver's door lock stiff (87 e30)

You need to replace the lock cylinder.  It's not a difficult thing to do,
but it will take 2-3 hours to open the door, remove the lock cylinder,
properly key the replacement cylinder, reinstall, and reassemble the door.

Keying the replacement cylinder is an easy job.  You will need to take apart
the old cylinder, and write down the number of the tumblers, in the proper
order.  There are four different tumblers (numbered 1 through 4), and there
are a total of eleven, I believe.  The replacement cylinder comes with more
than enough to key it for any possible combination.

I replaced the lock cylinder twice on my former E30 318i.  In fact, I still
have the old lock cylinders kicking around here somewhere!

Ron Buchalski
BMWCCA #76387
1995 E36 M3
1993 E34 525iT