Re: LOST THE BATTLE, RAISED MY FLAG, SOLD MY E36

Subject: Re: LOST THE BATTLE, RAISED MY FLAG, SOLD MY E36

> > And of course dealing with the bozos at
> > the BMW Service centers, I ALWAYS had new problems after I brought the
> > car home..........................WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!!
> >

> maybe i will stay all american and buy the new mustang 400hp next year...
> screw bmw

This has amazed me. The volatile approach to car love is pointless. It is
personal...
end of story.
I have a great passion for cars, not brands. My '34' Ford p/up street rod
sporting a '327' 500hp brings me immeasurable pleasure from working on and
driving. My '98' 740i gives me equal pleasure but in an entirely different
way. So which is superior? Neither.
Different forms of same love. I keep my cars for many years. The key: 'you
get out of them what you put into them'. Aside from streetrods, I am through
with American cars.
My experiences with dealerships is mixed. I found often it is with
management not the 'home office'. My BMW dealer that I have been working
with since I bought the vehicle has been nothing but accommodating and the
mechanics have proven their ability to keep my car in top shape.
Of course this is all subjective isn't it?

Rod K. Nickas
Tol-Rodco Productions