Re: Extrude Honing of Intake Manifolds

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Stephen Hutchison wrote:

> Whats the deal with this process and where does one get it done?
> An internet search for shops only yields some jet ski place thqat
> does it.
>
> The HP and torque gains for an E30 325i according to Dinan's
> literature are quite impressive (41 hp and 33 ft-lb respectively)
> www.dinanbmw.com . Dinan offers a manifold that has been EH'd and
> then painted but wants like a grand for the thing (after core
> deposit refund and prior to any installation). Seems like a guy
> could get a manifold from the junkies and get the work done
> himself for alot less than a grand, but I have no idea about EH
> shops...

 go to the source: www.extrudehone.com

 I don't think those HP increase numbers are meaningful without
accompanying expensive mods, like throttle body, cam, chip, head
porting, exhaust, and heat shielded cone filter.

- --
 "It is an honor to be Cookie Monster."
   -Sesame Street spokeswoman Audrey Shapiro