Re: LOST THE BATTLE, RAISED MY FLAG, SOLD MY E36

Well......I sure hope that the quality control down in Spartanburg has
improved significantly on the new Z4 over the Z3.    I had a 2000 M
Roadster.  It was a fun car....bit what a piece of junk for $46000!!
The interior kept coming apart, I had to put a rebuilt differential, and
a new rear half shaft in it.  And of course dealing with the bozos at
the BMW Service centers, I ALWAYS had new problems after I brought the
car home..........................WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!!

BTW....this was the 1st BMW I had to trade in because nobody wanted it.
I had it for sale for 6 months and only got one call.  The car was a
loser.

I decided to give BMW a rest after this extravaganza.........now driving
a 1999 Porsche 911.  Yeah............. it ain't perfect either but at
least I get to see a different set of bozos with this one......

Chris Osborne
1999 Porsche 911 C2
BMWCCA# 92573

                      BMWracing9@domain.elided
                      m                        To:       rbuchals@domain.elided ("Ron Buchalski")
                      Sent by:                 cc:       bmw-digest@domain.elided
                      owner-bmw@digest.        Subject:  Re: LOST THE BATTLE, RAISED MY FLAG, SOLD MY E36
                      net

                      01/27/2003 01:05
                      PM

that is what bmw says now because they want people to buy the z4 and not
wait for an m roadster.. i bet you they will...

In a message dated 1/27/2003 12:42:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Ron
Buchalski" <rbuchals@domain.elided> writes:

>You may be waiting for a long time.  I read that BMW doesn't plan to
produce
>an M-Roadster based on the new Z4.
>
>Germans don't keep their cars as long as we do.  If you drive around in

>Germany, you won't see very many old BMWs driving around.  Anything
older
>than the latest model E30s (1990-91) or E34s, is pretty rare.  I think
TUV
>inspections get really tough to pass, so it's better to buy a newer
model.
>TUV inspection is waived for the first two or three years of a new
car's
>life.  Then, inspections are done annually.  If you don't pass, you
can't
>drive the car until it's fixed.  The round TUV inspection sticker is
found
>on the rear license plate of every car, and includes the month and year
when
>inspection is due.  I'll bet the "TUV police" keep an eye on those
stickers,
>and look for violators.
>
>Germans are very serious about their cars!
>
>Ron Buchalski
>BMWCCA #76387
>1995 E36 M3
>1993 E34 525iT
>1999 Mazda Miata
>

>>Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:13:55 -0500
>>From: BMWracing9@domain.elided
>>Subject: LOST THE BATTLE, RAISED MY FLAG, SOLD MY E36
>>
>>Guys,
>>this is a goodbye for now... I tried to fix my window, it wasn't the
little
>>clips... my car also needed new ac hoses, new pulleys, new upper strut

>>mounts, etc... so, i said bye bye and traded it in for a GMC envoy...
nice
>>truck, i will buy an M roadster a year after it comes out... I love
BMW but