Re: LOST THE BATTLE, RAISED MY FLAG, SOLD MY E36

You may be waiting for a long time.  I read that BMW doesn't plan to produce
an M-Roadster based on the new Z4.

Germans don't keep their cars as long as we do.  If you drive around in
Germany, you won't see very many old BMWs driving around.  Anything older
than the latest model E30s (1990-91) or E34s, is pretty rare.  I think TUV
inspections get really tough to pass, so it's better to buy a newer model.
TUV inspection is waived for the first two or three years of a new car's
life.  Then, inspections are done annually.  If you don't pass, you can't
drive the car until it's fixed.  The round TUV inspection sticker is found
on the rear license plate of every car, and includes the month and year when
inspection is due.  I'll bet the "TUV police" keep an eye on those stickers,
and look for violators.

Germans are very serious about their cars!

Ron Buchalski
BMWCCA #76387
1995 E36 M3
1993 E34 525iT
1999 Mazda Miata

>Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:13:55 -0500
>From: BMWracing9@domain.elided
>Subject: LOST THE BATTLE, RAISED MY FLAG, SOLD MY E36
>
>Guys,
>this is a goodbye for now... I tried to fix my window, it wasn't the little
>clips... my car also needed new ac hoses, new pulleys, new upper strut
>mounts, etc... so, i said bye bye and traded it in for a GMC envoy... nice
>truck, i will buy an M roadster a year after it comes out... I love BMW but
>keeping a car for 10 years is not a good idea... too much pain and money.

<snip>