Re: E34 retro heated mirrors

I have a '95 325i, will i be able to retrofit it with heated mirrors ?
thnx,
Rahul
 "John E. Yurkon" <yurkon@domain.elided> wrote:"Ron Buchalski" wrote:

>The quickest way to find out if your car is wired for heated mirrors is to
>The outside inch of the mirror has an even wider angle portion, that'll let
>you spot things two lanes over.
>
>Part number for the heated version of this mirror is:
>
>56 16 8 119 724

Thanks! I've installed them on my '97 328is and they work great.
The part number was 51... though.

I know that I've never had heated mirrors on the car, so I was surprized
to find connectors on the mirror with the leads attached. I measured
both mirrors and got 4.5Kohms. All I can guess is that they do this
so the computer won't report a problem with the mirrors. But, if they
go to that trouble why not just use heated mirrors in the first place?

John

- --