Re: Cold weather woes

>Bad news is that with this cold snap, my heater fan or something
>near it, seems be be running on long after I turn off the engine and
>remove the key.

Hmmmm, here's a WAG (wild *ss guess).  Does your heater control have
a button labeled "Rest?"  If so, see if this is pressed.  In
rest-mode the heater continues to run to draw heat off the engine
while the car is stopped.  Your car may or may not have this
function, but if it does, you would get behavior that sounds similar
to what you describe.