Re: Is that mileage all on one engine?

I remember seeing in a VW magazine a few years ago now, A woman who had
clocked up 1 milllion miles in her Golf TD.
VW swapped it for a brand new Golf TD.
They then used the old car as a promotion car then stripped the engine down
to look for signs of wear (apparantly it was in very good condition
internally).
How about a brand new M5 for swaps!!!!! You never know!

Adam,
'88 325i Alpina C2 Replica
www.geocities.com/little_log

                      David Lefebvre
                      <drl@domain.elidedxa        To:       "Tom Borden" <te.borden@domain.elided>
                      s.net>                   cc:       bmw-digest@domain.elided
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Is that mileage all on one engine?
                      owner-bmw@digest.
                      net

                      20/01/2003 17:32

Mercedes offers free high-mileage grill badges for 250, 500, 1MM. I may be
off on the mileage, but they document everything with certificates. They
even give out certificates for folks who have achieved high mileage in
multiple Mercedes vehicles. Surely, BMW has some kind of program, or
should.

I suppose that gives new meaning to the phrase, "that girl has a lot of
miles on her". ;-)