Is that mileage all on one engine?

Just read this in the latest Digest.

"Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 05:21:19 -0800
From: bmrfamly <bmrfamly@domain.elided>
Subject: Wanted E12 manual

Gentlemen
   My son's girlfriend just bought my wife's 76' E12 530i with only 488k
miles."

If you're coming up on a half-million, I think you should get in contact
with BMW Marketing.  That is a phenomenal record, no matter if achieved
on two/three engines.  Longevity is another feature the company ought to
promote - underscores another reason why BMW drivers pay a premium and
would also buttress their pre-owned business.

Tom

THOMAS BORDEN  |  CONSULTANT | MEDIA & MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
23 ESSEX ROAD, ESSEX FELLS, NJ   07021 | ph/fax: 973.228.5092  |
<mailto:teborden@domain.elided> te.borden@domain.elided