Re:was resistor in the O2 loop now AFM flap shennanigans

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 kohlbren-m-d@domain.elided wrote:

> >  As for full throttle operation when the O2 sensor is ignored by the
> > ECU, the AFM flap is fully open above 3000 RPM or so.  Adjusting the
> > flap spring pressure a little will do nothing for you in the "fun
> > zone" of RPMs and throttle.
>
> I don't deny that this could be true.  However, if it is, how,
> then does the computer know how much fuel to squirt at WOT/high
> rpm?

 At WOT, the ECU relies on an internal map to deliver a given amount
of fuel for a given RPM.  It tends to be on the rich side of stoic for
safety.  (except above 6k RPM on my e30, where it tends to lean out)

- --
 "It is an honor to be Cookie Monster."
   -Sesame Street spokeswoman Audrey Shapiro