Re: resistor in the O2 loop

As I recall for the earlier Motronic engines there's a range of fuel and
timing variations available within the control box.  It's been a long time
since I read about it, but on the wife's E28 M5 you can remove a black plastic
plug on the side of the box.  There's seven-odd variations on timing advance
and air-fuel ratio offsets available. It's a lot more repeatable than tweaking
the AFM (been there, done that, won't do it again).

L.K. Foster
Live-in mechanic for the wife's car