E36 M3 head gasket and transmission seal

I had my 95 M3 in the shop for driver's side lower control arm and tie
rod assembly replaced yesterday and the tech found additional issues: 1)
they told me the passenger's side tie rod is seized up and cannot be
adjusted for alignment and a new tie rod has to be installed. Personally
I haven't heard of this problem on E36. Is that likely to be legitimate? 2)
they notice some oil leak and say that the head gasket has to be
replaced. Is there anything else I should have them do while they are at
it? I vaguely remember that valve springs on early M3's aren't as strong
as the later model ones. Is this a good time to have them swapped out?
Any details on this issue? Anything else should be looked at while the
head gasket is out? 3) they say that the transmission bushings are
getting loose and the seal is also leaking. Is there anything else I
should have them do while they are at it? For the bushings I'm thinking
about going with the UUC transmission enforcer package which includes the
enforcers and their harder bushings. Has anyone had experience with
those? How about the JT-Design transmission brace? Would this be a good
addition to the UUC enforcer package? Is there anything else that should
be looked at while the seal is being replaced? Thanks a lot in advance! Alan
Leung

the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*