E39 Electrical Problems

Fellow BMW enthusiasts,

My '97 528i has been in storage for three months and was supposedly being started every two weeks to keep everything in check...  Oh well, the best laid plans went down the tubes.

Anyway, my father tried to start the vehicle and, of course, the battery was dead.  He tried to jump the car, no luck.  So, he replaced the brand new Sears Die Hard battery that I had put in before I left the States, with a new Sears Die Hard.

HURRAY, the car started right up.  But now there are items that do not function.  Currently, the radio, turn signal lights, high beam indicator light, running light indicator light, the car door chime and more things do not function.

I have checked the relevant fuses and they are good.  Any clue what was blown (and hopefully not torched) and how to go about fixing the problem?

Please advise.  I can only take so much of talking to myself while I drive....

Chip

Columbus, Indiana