Re: Spark Plug Question

The factory BMW spark plugs for the M50/S50 engines (E36 325i, E34 525i from
91 thru 95, '95 E36 M3), use dual electrodes.  I believe that the M52/S52
engines (96+ E36 328i & E36 M3, not sure about the E39 5-series) use
four-electrode plugs.

So, the multi-electrode plugs aren't being chosen for a mystical performance
improvement.  It's what BMW recommends.

But, they do not have platinum electrodes.

- -rb

Ron Buchalski
BMWCCA #76387
1995 E36 M3