Re: e32 Info

Hi Peter,

>There was no owner\'s manual included, and I can\'t tell him what the \"EML\"
>telltale indicates (\"extra meaningless light\"?).  Does anyone know?

EML stands for german words Elektronische MotorLeistungsregelung -
that is Electronic Engine Output Control. In essence, engines equipped with EML
have a drive-by-wire throttle system (so the accelerator pedal is connected to
a variable resistor) instead of the conventional bowden-cable.
The throtle butterfly is positioned by electric motor. When the EML light stays on
at running engine, it indicates some fault in the system: either the throttle potentiometer, the actuating motor, the cabling or the EML control module are at
fault. The easiest way to find out real problem is to go to your dealer\'s diagnostic
computer and read out the fault memory of the EML control unit.

Priit

End of bmw-digest V9 #2311