Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:46:43 -0600
From: whensley11@domain.elided
Subject: <E28> more stumbling problems

With the recent posts of 535i running problems, let me toss mine
out for review and discussion.

Traveling the interstate - cruise control on - anywhere between 70
and 80 MPH - 5th gear - the engine will start stumbling.  It will lose
power - stumble - pick up - stumble - lose power - and the "battle"
is on!

Well..., if I downshift to 4th - increased engine RPM - the stumbling
stops.  Same thing for downshifting to 3rd.

period of time - stumbling and all begins again.

Sometimes it will go away - and not return - for a few hours - or a
few trips.

Have checked the gasoline - nothing there.

Working with my local technician - we are baffled.

What say you?

Thank you for reading!

Wm. Kim Hensley
BMW CCA #16216
1985 535i - 285,000 miles

THOMAS BORDEN  |  CONSULTANT | P.R. & MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
23 ESSEX ROAD, ESSEX FELLS, NJ   07021 | ph/fax: 973.228.5092  |
<mailto:teborden@domain.elided> te.borden@domain.elided