E36 lower control arm bushings

I've read on the Digest before that there is some difference between
the 95 M3 and M3 LTW control arm bushings. If I remember correctly the
LTW ones are made of harder compound and have offset holes. Besides
potentially tighter steering feel what other benefits will I see by using
LTW bushings? I have been trying to locate LTW bushings through my local
dealerships with no luck as they keep telling me that the bushings for M3
and LTW are one and the same. Can anyone tell me how the LTW specific
bushings can be ordered? Does the installation of control arm bushings
require realignment? Thanks a lot in advance. Alan L.