RE: BMW CCA merchandise - Available for Holiday Shopping!

On Thursday, December 05, 2002 4:38 PM MST I wrote:
> It's asking for my shipping, billing, and credit
> card information over a non-secured (http://)
> connection.  I prefer to use only secured channels
> (https://) for such data.  Their FAQ page
> http://bmwcca.enterstore.com/pgFaqs.htm assures me
> they use SSL, but it's apparently not enabled for
> our club's account.

On Saturday, December 7, 2002 9:15 AM MST, the problem persists.  The
checkout page, which collects shipping, billing, and credit card
information, is not secured within an encrypted (SSL) connection.

I'm delighted with the variety of merchandise and the design of the
presentation.  Obviously this is the result of lots of work, for which I
applaud all the staff and volunteers who worked on it.  I hope soon to
be able to order goodies for my own use and for gifts.

However, I won't send my personal information across the Internet in the
clear, and I strongly caution other CCA members against ordering
merchandise until these "teething pains" are resolved.  I narrowed my
first response to Wynne and the hosting/fulfillment company and the
forums to which she posted the announcement.  But since other members
remain in danger if they're inattentive to the "padlock" icon on their
browser, I decided to widen the scope of the warning.
- --
Bob Sutterfield
'87 E30 325iS http://bmwe30.net #1129 DAS KAR
'88 E28 535iS http://m535i.org   #154 IHR FUNF
BMWCCA #169277 Rocky Mountain Chapter Secretary