Auto Record Keeping Software - Suggestions?

Hi:
    I'm interested in getting one of the (several)
auto record keeping programs usually available as
shareware, etc. on the net. In retrospect, I wish I
had better records of the various things I've done,
such as part number, price, description, etc. Aside
from personal interest, it's handy if your car is
stolen/wrecked, etc. and insurance co. low balls you,
or if neighbors complain to court about your "old junk
car" when a decent citizen would scrap and replace
with a late model KIA, etc. and "help the
neighborhood". Anyway, if you use any program, I'd
like to know! Thanks.
  J. England BMWCCA 0892 Indianapolis
n.b. this may be posted on several lists.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com