<E36> Flapping sound from the central vent.

Hi,

There is an occasional flapping/beating sound I hear from the central
console that beats with the speed of the blower motor.  It starts any time
and if I keep the fan off for a few seconds or if I increase the speed it
seems to go away.  It doesn't seem to be coming from the blower motor but it
seems more like a small piece of something getting in the way of the blower
blades.  Changing the ventilation to any position does not seem to affect
this.  It is also independent of the A/C or heater, both work fine.

Has anyone experienced this happen?  I would like to open it up and take a
peek inside sometime, would very much appreciate if there are directions on
the web as to how to get to the blower motor.

The car is 94 318i with 83k miles.

Thanks in advance.

~Anup

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef]