re: coolant loss

It's a big job, but you can do it yourself. There is/was a Danish site
with good DIY information, but I don't have the URL here. Look at the
stepper motor mounts molded into the A/C housing while you're in there.

But what I really want to say is that Ethylene Glycol vapors are toxic!
You can get a Propylene Glycol based product that meets industry specs for
non-phosphate coolant, and which is non-toxic, under the Sierra brand.
Look for a green jug with a Golden Retriever.

- -tc

> Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 11:23:59 -0500
> From: "Brent Magnant" <brent@domain.elided>
> Subject: Coolant loss/ smell when using heat
>
> Hello All,
>
> I have a '94 740iL. Whenever I use the heater I smell coolant, and now
that
> the weather is cold I am noticing a significant loss of fluid. Does it
have
> to be the heater core? Or is there something else that might be causing
> this? Is there anything I can check myself? Has anyone had this repair
done
> lately? How much $$$ am I going to be spending to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> Brent

- --
Ted Crum