Re: Trans Program

The Trans Program indicator does not necessarily mean that the transmission needs to be replaced. It indicates that
there is a problems with the electronic controls for the transmission. Check to make sure all of the connections are
clean and secure. I had this problem with my '525iT and I traced it to the gear position switch it the center
console. It seems an inattentive driver (me) spilled some beverage and it seeped into the switch. Removing and
cleaning cured the problem. Also look at the throttle position sensor...

Regards,
Andrew
'95 525iT
'89 535i