Re: <E-36> Power seat problems

> Nico,
> What exactly is the problem with your seat?
> The mechanic who told you about stripped gears, is that the same guy who
> is selling you a $1+K hydraulic valve replacement?

problem with the seat is that it won't recline.. the motor makes noise but no
movement... I don't know about the hydraulic valve thing.. (must be someone
else). but, i do trust my mechanic and he does most of the work with me next
to him.

> Have you check how much used/wrecked seats/seat-frames cost in your area?
> I would bet a fraction of the new frame's cost.

haven't checked junk yards.. but i will...

> Sure you can!
> Whether one can or can not afford to pay a dealer to do that is another
> issues.
> If you find it that you can not afford to maintain your car, you either
> need to learn to Do It Yourself or buy another transportation device.

i do what i can myself... but yeah that's what i meant, i shouldn't have to
spend a fortune to keep the car in mint condition.

> > for example, my ac panel light is out and you cannot replace the
> > bulb, you have to buy a new unit... that sucks...
>
> Nico,
> That's not true. You can pop the switch out and swap the 1.2W bulb
> yourself.

how... no way... i took the panel out (very hard task) and the little bulb is
soldered to the circuit board... i don't want to take that think apart.. even
if i did, i could not do that.. you can replace all the other bulbs very
easily (ie obc, instruments) bur not the ac unit...

thanks
Nico
94e36