Re: <E-36> Power seat problems

BMWracing9@domain.elided wrote:
> I have the same problem with my seat.. i have a 94 e36..
> I went to my mechanic and he said that the gears are stripped..

Nico,
What exactly is the problem with your seat?
The mechanic who told you about stripped gears, is that the same guy who
is selling you a $1+K hydraulic valve replacement?

> the bad news is that bmw would not sell just that part and you
> have to buy a new seat frame $900 bucks...
> If anyone else has a better solution please advise...

Have you check how much used/wrecked seats/seat-frames cost in your area?
I would bet a fraction of the new frame's cost.

> It upsets me that even when you try to maintain your car in perfect
> condition, you can't.

Sure you can!
Whether one can or can not afford to pay a dealer to do that is another
issues.
If you find it that you can not afford to maintain your car, you either
need to learn to Do It Yourself or buy another transportation device.

> for example, my ac panel light is out and you cannot replace the
> bulb, you have to buy a new unit... that sucks...

Nico,
That's not true. You can pop the switch out and swap the 1.2W bulb
yourself.

alex f

End of bmw-digest V9 #2279