Re: Cold Air Intakes/ + dyno numbers

jkerouac@domain.elided wrote:
> Whew,
>      The dyno does not lie.

Folks,
I fully realize that I'm wasting my breath and time on jkerouac.

Purely for the benefit of others who may not realize this: any and all
dyno numbers are relative to the specific engine, specific altitude and
specific atmospherical conditions (temperature, humidity). Plus, how
frequently and consistently that dyno is (mis-?)calibrated and that
particular dyno's margin of error. I maybe forgetting something else as
well.
So the only dyno outputs worth looking at are back-to-back comparison runs
with different mods.
That's it.
Everything else is garbage.

> There is also the 3 inch round 90 degree curved flexible rubber
> plumbing tube that fits snugly right into the foglight hole.
> That blows nice high velocity outside air right up to air box's
> inlet opening. But since it doesn't have a big name tuner's label
> on it and cost $$$, I doubt whoever is trying to flame me would
> be interested.

There is a BMW part # for the euro-M3 air snorkel that you may be trying
to describe. However, it is neither rubber, nor 3" round.
BMP sells it for $50
(http://www.bmpd.com/bmw/parts/catalog/engine_33.shtml), but a dealer
parts department can special order it for under $30.

>      I think your reply to my posting about airbox and intake
> snout mods comes as close to flaming as the modern era of these
> digests will tolerate.

Yes, it does, though for entirely different reason that you apparently
don't even begin to comprehend.
Grow up and learn to deal with it.

alex f