<E36> Security Alarm won't turn off!

Hello group,

The security alarm in my car won't turn off.  I unlocked the car with the
remote today morning and the alarm went off, now it won't turn off.  The car
starts, the remote key works fine, all lights etc work fine.  I even
disconnected the battery with the hopes of resetting the alarm circuit, but
that didn't work.  The remote locks the car fine and the security LED blinks
ok.

The car is a 1994 E36 with original BMW alarm with the 3-button remote.

I finally disconnected the alarm from under the hood.

Any ideas on how to get this fixed?  I replaced the cabin air filter last
weekend, but don't remember pulling any wires from down there and it has
worked fine since then.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Anup
318i, 1994.

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef]