RE: Air Flow Meter vs Turbo

> I know there is alot of engineering going into the development of a kit,
> but that doesn't mean it can't be done at home. It's a question of using
> common sense I think. Going slowly, monitoring AF ratio, injector duty
> cycle, AFM signal, and the most important, knock.
> Spending 50% of the value of the car on a Downing kit or 100% of the value
> for a Mosselman turbo kit doesn't sound like a good move to me.
> And buying stuff already made is not as fun as building it myself :-)
>
> Michel Drainville

The "fact" of the last comment, along with the reality that no-one produces
a forced induction kit that does what I want for the 6cyl engines, is why I
embarked on my effort to fit a twin-screw (Lysholm type) positive
displacement compressor onto my E36.  Only difference is that my effort
has now turned into having the end goal of producing and selling
a complete turn-key kit...

Don't underestimate the amount of work, time, and cost to do this though!!!

I could have bought an AA turbo kit and got off much cheaper.  Not to
mention the
1500+ hours I have spent working on it in the last year and a half!!

Steve