Re: <E28> Electric Fan .. any horspower gains?

I don't know how much power you'll free up, but you should realize
one potential cost of doing this.

A thermostatically controlled electric fan will be binary -- on or off.

The stock clutch driven fan is (as far as I understand it anyway...)
controlled by a temperature sensitive device and essentially gives a
continuously variable fan speed based upon actual cooling needs.

I won't argue whether it really matters one way or the other, because
I don't know the true answer.  I just figured that I'd point out the
apparent reason that BMW chose to do it the way they did.

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner