E30 Operating Temperature

Hello all.  Have a question about my 89 325i operating temperature.  I live
in Hawaii, so the air temp is always warm.  The car runs slighly cold -- not
in the blue, but to the left of the center -- when the car is moving.  When
the car is idling at a stop, the temperature creeps up slowly, but does not
get to the red.  So far, I have replaced the thermostat and the aux fan temp
switch in the radiator.  The aux fan runs in both speeds when I jumper the
switch.  I am thinking of replacing the fan clutch next.  It is somewhat
stiff, but it does rotate when cold.  I am not sure how freely the clutch
should rotate cold, the only thing left that makes sense to me is the
clutch.  Nothing else I can think of would make the car run cold at speed.
Any thoughts or experience with this from the group?  Thanks
Gregg