Flushing cooling system on E12

Dear all, I am trying to flush the cooling system out my E12 518, the
manual tells me I remove the plug from the bottom of the radiator and
open the drain tap on the side of the engine cylinder block. I have
searched thoroughly and cannot locate anything that resembles a 'drain
tap' anywhere on the engine - the manual gives no clue about exactly
where it would be or what it looks like. Can anyone help with this? Owen
TMelbourne Australia