Re: <E28> Strange hesitation - Likely FPR.

Well,

I am thinking its the Fuel Pressure regulator as many have suggested.  It
happened again today briefly on my way to an exam at university.  Started
the car, it idled normal, and then the idle went over 1000 briefly, then
dropped and chugged around 400-500, and then evened out, and then while I
was driving the irregular hesitiation started and then went away.

My reasoning is, ( and I havent really checked due to lack of time, and
studying for my first Psychology exam) that if the idle went up, then the
feul pressure would have increased, and then the idle dropped, and that
would indicate the feul pressure decreased.    If it was a feul filter, I
doubt the idle would have jumped.  If it was a faulty feul pump I dont think
it would have either.  So I am suspecting feul pressure regulator.  I will
test my theory this weekend, and hope the car will not die before then.  Now
the question is, if it is the FPR, how much are new ones, and can I replace
it with an aftermarket one?  I recall there being adjustable feul pressure
regulators on the market, but has anyone ever used one here?

I will also change my feul filter for the hell of it.

Any suggestions on FPR or aftermarket ones?
Cheers
Ron Jordan
85 535i
73 911s 2.7