Turn signal sticks on

I've tried this inquiry before, hidden with a couple of others so I
thought I'd try again since I got no responses:

'92 325i --turn signal sticks on (right side)--seemingly more when the
car is warmed up (I don't think it's the engine warmth, but sitting in
the sun).

I have to then signal left for it to go off, and when I do, I'll hear a
ratching sound coming from, I believe, the fuse box, where the larger
black rectangular gizmo that clicks on and off is (don't know if this
devise is indeed doing the ratcheting).

Could this just be the turn signal lever getting stuck in the heat?  And
if so, an easy way to get to it, lubricate it...or is replacement
required?

Thanks for an light you can shed on this!

Doug