removing starter fuse on '96 E36?

Folks:

I'm going away for an extended period, and while I live in a safe
neighborhood I'm wondering if it's possible to remove
the starter fuse as another precaution against theft.
On a lot of older cars, this is a given.
But I don't know enough about how the factory anti-theft alarm
works (I also have a Lo-Jack system installed -- yes I am
Mr. Paranoid).

Is it even possible to remove an E36 starter fuse?
If so, what are the consequences involving the anti-theft system?
Or any other system in the car.

Thanks!
- -Brendon