Re: [uuc] E36M3 coils

"Thomas G. Clark" <toclark@domain.elided>
> Right now Turner Motorsports has them for $25.00 each, used but
> in excellent condition.
> Just happened to see them when doing some surfing last night...

Thomas,
Thanks for the lead, but there is not such thing as a good used coil. Just
like there are no good used condoms.
You can't rule out a bad coil until it is installed in your car and either
causes weird drivability problems and/or fries your $400-$1.2K DME.

Kirk,
Thanks for the offer.
I ended up ordering new Bosch coils from a local supplier.
Out of curiosity, was that $45 offer on Bosch or Bremi/Beru coils?
If it's the former, everyone should keep Kirk in mind as one of the most
competitively priced suppliers of Bosch coils.

The short store: my drivability and hot stalling problems were traced to
flaky 69K mile OE Bremi coils.
The long story will be published as soon as the replacement coils go in.

alex f