Re: Canadian prices Was: <E28> Wheels off other cars for 535i

Ron, I agree with you about Canadian resellers. When you tell them BMW they
rise their prices.
When I bought my E30 5 years ago, I needed mag wheels for it. I phone some
junkyard for OEM 14" wheels. The price they quoted me was the same price I
paid my 16" 5 spoke aluminum wheels, brand new!

Even some garage, when I ask them over the phone for the price of a wheel
alignment, they ask me what car, then they give me a price 50% higher of a
regular car. When I ask them to justiy that price, they tell me that BMW
are special to align @*&#&@!.  When I tell them that the only adjustment
possible under routine alignment is the tie rod ends, no camber to adjust,
not caster, they seem like I discovered they were cheating me and they get
arrogant!
Hopefully, with a little shopping around, some honnest garages can be
found.

A little bit of venting this morning makes me feel better.

Michel Drainville
91 318ic
www.geocities.com/bmw_318ic