Re: Need some suspension advice (e36)

eric draven <ddrk1@domain.elided> wrote:

> I am upgrading the 148k suspension on my 95 325i
> w/sport the sport package and would like to know what
> else I should change besides the shocks, springs, and
> rear shock mounts.  I would also like some advice as
> to what shocks to buy.  I was thinking of Bilstien but
> not sure which ones yet.  I don't track or race my car
> so I don't need the race type.  I just want a
> comfortable lowered look on my car.

Manuel,
There is only one good way to pick a replacement suspension package - go
and drive someone else's car with the mods. See for yourself if you like
the ride and than decide.
A local BMW CCA chapter's meeting would be one good place to bum a modified
ride. A local chapter's autoX would be another.
Suspension 'stiffness' is a highly subjective measurement that does NOT
translate well over the internet or by the word of mouth.

> I would like a similar ride with a little better handling.

There is no such thing as an equally soft ride with better handling.
You trade better handling for a stiffer ride. Anyone who tells you
otherwise is selling something.
How much of a trade off You are willing to make is up to You to find out.

> I do have some 17" Hammans that help. As far as springs go
> I was thinking of getting some Eibachs and not sure what
> rear shock mounts to buy.

Doesn't matter which RSMs you buy. Get Gound-Control
(www.ground-control.com) ones if you want longer life span or will be
buying Koni Single Adjustable shocks and will need to take them out to
adjust.

> Any and all advice is appreciated.

Hope this helped,
alex f