Re: <E28> Wheels off other cars for 535i

Hi Alex,

So you are saying that Chev wheel pattern and hub would work on a 5 or 7
series?  The reason I ask is that I got rid of my TRX's and my 14" steels
with the winter tires and hub caps arent doing the car esthetic justice,
yet, everytime I price out wheels, here in Canada, they think BMW means that
I am very wealthy, and the wheel price goes up.  Seems to be a phenomenon
that is more prevalent here, north of the border.  Cars considered elite,
like BMW, Porsche,  Audi, Jag, etc, seem to make prices inflate, even if its
just a different offset, and bolt pattern, on an identically designed wheel.
So If I can find a decent looking chev wheel, that is either used or priced
very competitively, then I would go for it, and get a better overall look to
the car.

I know from my American Muscle car days, that Chev (GM) wheels are
interchangable from the F Body (Camaro Firebird) Vette, and even S10 pickup,
so the wheel selection is pretty good, and lately I have been seeing some
really nice looking euro style stuff for those cars, that is not the typical
loud american look, that was dominant in the 80's

So if someone could confirm that the chev bolt pattern for camaro, vette,
works, then I would have a broader range of wheels, with a better price
range as well.  (Recently returned University Student budget constraints).
I also know that there are a lot more used aftermarket wheels for chevs like
the camaro and vette around, than used bmw wheels.

Thanks
Ron Jordan
85 535i
73 911s 2.7