RE: <E28> Brand new brakes on the front, but the rears are a pain

Ron Jordan wrote:
> The [rear] rotor seems permanently fixed there.
> Anyone know how to remove them?  Is there something
> else that needs to be done to remove the rear rotors?

When this happens to me, it's usually because I forgot to release the
parking brake after I put the rear of the car up on jack stands.
(administer self-dopeslap)

If that's not the case and they're just frozen on pretty solid, you need
to be more persuasive.  Get a piece of 2x4 lumber that's a foot or two
longer than the car is wide.  Prop one end against the back of a rotor,
so the free end sticks out from under the other side of the car.
Briskly administer BFH to free end until rotor makes huge clanging noise
by hitting floor.
- --
Bob Sutterfield
'87 E30 325iS http://bmwe30.net #1129 DAS KAR