Re: Hello and newbie q's

DocWyte <josh_wyte@domain.elided> wrote:

> After being a BMWCCA member for many years, I finally
> went out there and bought a BMW!  So far I'm extremely
> happy with the purchase and I'm getting used to
> driving a rwd car for the first time since high
> school.
>
> I do have a few newbie type questions though...
>
> Is there a specific mailing list for the E36 M3's?  If
> so, can someone point me towards it?

Josh,
The E36M3 list is here: http://www.bmw-m.net

> What sort of gas mileage are people seeing on their
> E36 M3's?  I'm getting around 22-23mpg, even on
> highway cruising.  That seems a bit low...

Depends entirely on the weight of your right foot and the mods.
My euroHFM Conforti sharked '95 M3 gets ~22mpg in town and closer to 20mph
on the highway (TX speeds).
On a rare occasion when my speed is constrained by the traffic to 60-70mph,
the milage spikes to as high as 25-27mpg. But like I said, that doesn't
happen often.

If you wanted a very high MPG #, you bought a wrong car.
If you wanted a giant smile on your face, you've hit the jack pot.

alex f