  From: Georg and Claire Taht
  To: ron@domain.elided
  Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 8:26 PM
  Subject: <E28> Exhaust Resonator removal.. any issues?

  Hi Ron,

  I installed a BB Tri-Flo cat-back system on my 87 535is.
  The sound is great and there is an increase in power above
  5500rpm.  Down-sides:  The exhaust will boom a bit between
  2000-2700 rpm.  Otherwise great.  Don't be disappointed with
  the factor BMW exhaust.  It is actually quite good.  I would
  not take out the resonator.  It actually does perform a
  function.  It will keep the popping sounds to a minimum when
  decelerating.

  Hope this helps.

  Georg
  87 535is AKA MOCK5