Re: <WHEELS><TIRES> Tire rack that good?

Bob A. Virzi/EMPL/MA/Verizon@VZNotes wrote:
> I've priced winter wheels and tires both locally and on tire rack.
> Tire rack can set me up with 4 alloy wheels and Dunlop snows for
> around $950 including shipping.  The local guys (direct tire, NTW)
> can't even come close.  Are they really THAT good?

Yes.
TR is a very good source of tires.
However, their wheel pricing is nothing to write home about. You should be
able to get a better deal elsewhere.
Check out local tire chains (Discount Tire comes to mind). They can deal on
everything, frequently matching or coming within $10 of TR pricing on
tires. I've seen them sell wheels at between 1/3 to 1/2 of TR prices.
But you do pay taxes on anything you purchase locally.

alex f