RE: E30 Clutch Pedal

> clutch pedal and press it half way to floor it will continue
> to the floor on its own.  After half way, I can release my
> foot and it keeps going.  Is this an easy fix that suggest

It sounds like a failure in the clutch hydraulic circuit.  At least that
is the failure mode that ocurrs in Porsches of that vintage when either
the clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder or flexible rubber
hose fail.  Can you see any brake fluid under the car?  Have you checked
the brake fluid level or bled the clutch circuit?  That would be my SWAG
as far as where to start looking for a problem.  Usually the failure
mode for the clutch itself will inolve clutch slipping, and really will
not effect the clutch pedal operation at all.

Jamie Howton
2002 330i 5 Speed Steel Blue Metallic SP PP
     CWP 18" M V Spoke Wheels
1987 Porsche 928 S4 5 Spd Diamond Blue Metallic
1979 Porsche 928 5 Spd Opalmetallic
http://www.howton.net