Bogging E30

My 1984 325e "bogs" on acceleration.  The motor idles fine and runs well
during normal crusing as well as at full throttle.  Problem occurs when
accelerating through the gears (5-speed).  The motor will accelerate, bog,
accelerate, bog, etc. during normal takeoff.  If I floor it, during the
bogging, no bog and the motor accelerates with authority.  I have replaced the
air flow meter, as well as a complete tune up including valve adjustment.  Any
advice on what to look at would be appreciated.

Thanks
David W. Reichel