Re: Auto Transmission Service

...SNIP
> filter. To flush all of the fluid out of the system (cooler lines and
all)
> requires hardware only a dealer can justify owning.

A partial flush doesn't do any good, well, not a lot. Good oil mixed with
old oil= old oil.

*** To do a full oil change at home, including the torque converter, follow
this: ***

First, figure how many liter of oil your tranny requires and buy some
extra.
Then, flush the pan and roughly measure how many liters were in the pan.
Remove the pan, clean inside, change filter or clean strainer, reassemble.
Pour new oil in the filler tube. The same amount that was drain from the
pan. (let's say 5 liter).
Then, disconnect the return line of the transmission oil cooler, and put it
in a container with a mark at 5 liter (or whatever you flush was)
Ask a helper to start the car while you hold the tube in the container.
When the container is near the mark, yell the helper to turn off the
engine. Be ready, the container fills fast.
Put again the same amount of fluid in the tranny, and do it again until all
the old fluid is out of the tranny.
Reconnect the tube, and it's done.

I've used that procedure to change my tranny oil on my Toyota 4x4 with a GM
engine and TH350 tranny with success.

Hope this helps

Michel Drainville
91 318ic