Re: E34 oil leaks

Hi,

Thanks to those who responded to my original post.  Since then,
I've followed the procedure regarding coating the crank sensor
bolt with silicone (on koalamotorsport.com), and then replaced
the cam seal and upper timing cover gasket.  The latter two
gaskets seem to have solved about 70% of the problem.

Next, I plan to replace the lower timing cover gasket, and perhaps
the oil pan gasket.  A few questions:

1- I am intimidated by the 318 ft-lb crankshaft pulley nut.  The
   Bentley manual says to use BMW tool 11 22 220 to hold the
   crankshaft hub stationary while using a 3/4" breaker bar and
   36mm socket.  Can someone recommend another way to do this?
   Shall I get the BMW tool?  And, I am not sure I how I will
   torque the bolt back to 310 ft-lbs.

2- The Bentley manual mentions to lift/jack up the engine to get
   some clearance to for removing the oil pan.  Where are the
   2 jack points mentioned?

Thanks in advance,
- --Louis