1994 540i Auto Transmission Service and Fluid

Greetings everyone:

	I called one of the independent BMW servicers concerning a Auto
Tranmission checkup and fluid change for a 1994 540i and was quoted
$450.00 because the fluids are expensive.  The servicer claims that only
Original OEM BMW fluid should be used and nothing else.  Does anyone have
any comments on this and how much do others charge?  Also, is there a
better fluid to use than the OEM version since I see BMW Performance parts
company sell Redline.  Anyone happens to know how many quarts of fluid
does the 540i need?  Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@domain.elided - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin