trans fluids

FWIW, I just did some research on the Hydra-Matic tranny used in the 330i
and 530i. It is the same box used in the 2003 Cadillac CTS.

The CTS is the first US-market GM car to use type "T-IV" fluid. A trip to
see the Cadillac Man might be enlightening. It is not immediately apparent
whether or not this is the same as the Toyota T-IV fluid, which follows
the older Toyota T-II and T-III specifications. I'll read some labels and
find out. In any case the Toyota fluid is $27 per quart.

- --
Ted Crum
1988 735i  5-speed (manual!)
tedcrum@domain.elided